Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Claire & Keira Dictionary

The girls are learning new words all the time now. With some words they follow standard English usage. With others, meanings and pronunciations are specific to their dialect. The following dictionary will assist English speakers with the latter.

butty - button; belly button; snap; dot
buh-bye - bye (sometimes said after the person has left); get out of my way (Keira)
deet-doo - thank you
dog - any 4-legged animal
duck (Claire) - duck; goose; penguin
Kiki (Claire) - Keira 
me-mah - (usually repeated many times, exact meaning unknown)
poo poo - my diaper is being changed (regardless of what's in it)
uh-oh - I just dropped something on the floor purposely; I'm about to drop something on the floor purposely

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halarious!~*

Anonymous said...

Oops - typo. I mean hilarious. Ha!